American Style Solid Wood Venetian Blinds Shutters Activity Ventilation Window Shutter Door ( American Windows And Blinds #4) Images Gallery
AmericanA•mer•i•can (ə mer′i kən),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to the United States of America or its inhabitants: an American citizen.
- of or pertaining to North or South America;
of the Western Hemisphere: the American continents.
- of or pertaining to the aboriginal Indians of North and South America, usually excluding the Eskimos, regarded as being of Asian ancestry and marked generally by reddish to brownish skin, black hair, dark eyes, and prominent cheekbones.
- a citizen of the United States of America.
- a native or inhabitant of the Western Hemisphere.
- an Indian of North or South America.
- See American English.
- a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, four driving wheels, and no rear truck. See table under Whyte classification.
Stylestyle (stīl),USA pronunciation n., v. styled, styl•ing.
- a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
- a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
- an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
- a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion;
- the mode of expressing thought in writing or speaking by selecting and arranging words, considered with respect to clearness, effectiveness, euphony, or the like, that is characteristic of a group, period, person, personality, etc.: to write in the style of Faulkner; a familiar style; a pompous, pedantic style.
- those components or features of a literary composition that have to do with the form of expression rather than the content of the thought expressed: His writing is all style and no substance.
- manner or tone adopted in discourse or conversation: a patronizing style of addressing others.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode or form of construction or execution in any art or work: Her painting is beginning to show a personal style.
- a descriptive or distinguishing appellation, esp. a legal, official, or recognized title: a firm trading under the style of Smith, Jones, & Co.
- stylus (defs. 1, 2).
- the gnomon of a sundial.
- a method of reckoning time. Cf. New Style, old style (def. 2).
- a small, pointed process or part.
- a narrow, usually cylindrical and more or less filiform extension of the pistil, which, when present, bears the stigma at its apex. See diag. under flower.
- the rules or customs of typography, punctuation, spelling, and related matters used by a newspaper, magazine, publishing house, etc., or in a specific publication.
- go out of style, to become unfashionable: The jacket he's wearing went out of style ten years ago.
- in style, fashionable.
- to call by a given title or appellation;
call: The pope is styled His or Your Holiness.
- to design or arrange in accordance with a given or new style: to style an evening dress; to style one's hair.
- to bring into conformity with a specific style or give a specific style to: Please style this manuscript.
- to do decorative work with a style or stylus.
Solidsol•id (sol′id),USA pronunciation adj.
- having three dimensions (length, breadth, and thickness), as a geometrical body or figure.
- of or pertaining to bodies or figures of three dimensions.
- having the interior completely filled up, free from cavities, or not hollow: a solid piece of chocolate.
- without openings or breaks: a solid wall.
- firm, hard, or compact in substance: solid ground.
- having relative firmness, coherence of particles, or persistence of form, as matter that is not liquid or gaseous: solid particles suspended in a liquid.
- pertaining to such matter: Water in a solid state is ice.
- dense, thick, or heavy in nature or appearance: solid masses of cloud.
- not flimsy, slight, or light, as buildings, furniture, fabrics, or food;
- of a substantial character;
not superficial, trifling, or frivolous: a solid work of scientific scholarship.
- without separation or division;
continuous: a solid row of buildings.
- whole or entire: one solid hour.
- forming the whole;
consisting entirely of one substance or material: solid gold.
- uniform in tone or shades, as a color: a solid blue dress.
- real or genuine: solid comfort.
- sound or reliable, as reasons or arguments: solid facts.
fully reliable or sensible: a solid citizen.
- financially sound or strong: Our company is solid.
- cubic: A solid foot contains 1728 solid inches.
- written without a hyphen, as a compound word.
- having the lines not separated by leads, or having few open spaces, as type or printing.
- thorough, vigorous, great, big, etc. (with emphatic force, often after good): a good solid blow.
- firmly united or consolidated: a solid combination.
- united or unanimous in opinion, policy, etc.
- on a friendly, favorable, or advantageous footing (often prec. by in): He was in solid with her parents.
- excellent, esp. musically.
- a body or object having three dimensions (length, breadth, and thickness).
- a solid substance or body;
a substance exhibiting rigidity.
Woodwood1 (wŏŏd),USA pronunciation n.
- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark;
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes;
timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle: aged in the wood.
- See wood block (def. 1).
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- Often, woods. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a large and thick collection of growing trees;
a grove or forest: They picnicked in the woods.
- [Golf.]a club with a wooden head, as a driver, brassie, spoon, or baffy for hitting long shots. Cf. iron (def. 5).
- have the wood on, [Australian Slang.]to have an advantage over or have information that can be used against.
- knock on wood, (used when knocking on something wooden to assure continued good luck): The car's still in good shape, knock on wood.Also, esp. Brit.,touch wood.
- out of the woods:
- out of a dangerous, perplexing, or difficult situation;
- no longer in precarious health or critical condition;
out of danger and recovering.
- made of wood;
- used to store, work, or carry wood: a wood chisel.
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- to cover or plant with trees.
- to supply with wood;
get supplies of wood for.
- to take in or get supplies of wood (often fol. by up): to wood up before the approach of winter.
Blindsblind (blīnd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., n., adv.
- unable to see;
lacking the sense of sight;
sightless: a blind man.
- unwilling or unable to perceive or understand: They were blind to their children's faults. He was blind to all arguments.
- not characterized or determined by reason or control: blind tenacity; blind chance.
- not having or based on reason or intelligence;
absolute and unquestioning: She had blind faith in his fidelity.
- lacking all consciousness or awareness: a blind stupor.
- hard to see or understand: blind reasoning.
- hidden from immediate view, esp. from oncoming motorists: a blind corner.
- of concealed or undisclosed identity;
sponsored anonymously: a blind ad signed only with a box number.
- having no outlets;
closed at one end: a blind passage; a blind mountain pass.
- (of an archway, arcade, etc.) having no windows, passageways, or the like.
- dense enough to form a screen: a blind hedge of privet.
- done without seeing;
by instruments alone: blind flying.
- made without some prior knowledge: a blind purchase; a blind lead in a card game.
- of or pertaining to an experimental design that prevents investigators or subjects from knowing the hypotheses or conditions being tested.
- of, pertaining to, or for blind persons.
- [Bookbinding.](of a design, title, or the like) impressed into the cover or spine of a book by a die without ink or foil.
- [Cookery.](of pastry shells) baked or fried without the filling.
- (of a rivet or other fastener) made so that the end inserted, though inaccessible, can be headed or spread.
- to make sightless permanently, temporarily, or momentarily, as by injuring, dazzling, bandaging the eyes, etc.: The explosion blinded him. We were blinded by the bright lights.
- to make obscure or dark: The room was blinded by heavy curtains.
- to deprive of discernment, reason, or judgment: a resentment that blinds his good sense.
- to outshine;
eclipse: a radiance that doth blind the sun.
- something that obstructs vision, as a blinker for a horse.
- a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.
- See Venetian blind.
- [Chiefly Midland U.S. and Brit.]See window shade.
- a lightly built structure of brush or other growths, esp. one in which hunters conceal themselves.
- an activity, organization, or the like for concealing or masking action or purpose;
subterfuge: The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
- a decoy.
- a bout of excessive drinking;
- [Poker.]a compulsory bet made without prior knowledge of one's hand.
- (used with a pl. v.) persons who lack the sense of sight (usually preceded by the): The blind are said to have an acute sense of hearing.
- into a stupor;
to the degree at which consciousness is lost: He drank himself blind.
- without the ability to see clearly;
blindly: They were driving blind through the snowstorm.
- without guidance or forethought: They were working blind and couldn't anticipate the effects of their actions.
- to an extreme or absolute degree;
completely: The confidence men cheated her blind.
Windowwin•dow (win′dō),USA pronunciation n.
- an opening in the wall of a building, the side of a vehicle, etc., for the admission of air or light, or both, commonly fitted with a frame in which are set movable sashes containing panes of glass.
- such an opening with the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or any other device, by which it is closed.
- the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or the like, intended to fit such an opening: Finally the builders put in the windows.
- a windowpane.
- anything likened to a window in appearance or function, as a transparent section in an envelope, displaying the address.
- a period of time regarded as highly favorable for initiating or completing something: Investors have a window of perhaps six months before interest rates rise.
- chaff1 (def. 5).
- [Pharm.]the drug dosage range that results in a therapeutic effect, a lower dose being insufficient and a higher dose being toxic.
- See launch window.
- a specific area at the outer limits of the earth's atmosphere through which a spacecraft must reenter to arrive safely at its planned destination.
- a section of a display screen that can be created for viewing information from another part of a file or from another file: The split screen feature enables a user to create two or more windows.
- to furnish with a window or windows.
- [Obs.]to display or put in a window.
Shuttershut•ter (shut′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a solid or louvered movable cover for a window.
- a movable cover, slide, etc., for an opening.
- a person or thing that shuts.
- a mechanical device for opening and closing the aperture of a camera lens to expose film or the like.
- to close or provide with shutters: She shuttered the windows.
- to close (a store or business operations) for the day or permanently.
- to close or close down: The factory has shuttered temporarily.
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Hello there, this image is about American Style Solid Wood Venetian Blinds Shutters Activity Ventilation Window Shutter Door ( American Windows And Blinds #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 576 x 511. This image's file size is only 46 KB. If You want to save It to Your PC, you may Click here. You could too download more attachments by clicking the following image or read more at this article: American Windows And Blinds.
Probably it's been awhile because you've visited a thrift-store, or maybe you've never visited one? You'll really drop, if so. Generally they have items which are cheaper than home fixtures, but occasionally you're able to score some sofa is great enough.
Make sure to obtain at the store, if you elect to purchase a American Style Solid Wood Venetian Blinds Shutters Activity Ventilation Window Shutter Door ( American Windows And Blinds #4). Before they purchase goods a lot of people do not think to check the goods. Challenging to replace the furniture in a few furniture outlets. Bring examples of colors once you look for conventional and established furnishings.
It may seem differently when within your home and when compared with samples although some might appear perfect within the store. To stop this from happening, it's no problem finding swatches at your home improvement retailer, or just have a snapshot of your sample for comparison items.