Squaresquare (skwâr),USA pronunciation n., v., squared, squar•ing, adj., squar•er, squar•est, adv.
- a rectangle having all four sides of equal length.
- anything having this form or a form approximating it, as a city block, rectangular piece of candy, etc.
- an open area or plaza in a city or town, formed by the meeting or intersecting of two or more streets and often planted with grass, trees, etc., in the center.
- a rectangularly shaped area on a game board, as in chess or checkers.
- a try square,Tsquare, or the like.
- the second power of a quantity, expressed as a2 = a × a, where a is the quantity.
- a quantity that is the second power of another: Four is the square of two.
- a person who is ignorant of or uninterested in current fads, ideas, manners, tastes, etc.;
an old-fashioned, conventional, or conservative person.
- (formerly) a body of troops drawn up in quadrilateral form.
- a unit of measure for roofing materials, equal to 100 square feet (9.3 sq. m).
- a flower bud of the cotton plant.
- the area at the bottom of a hatchway.
- Usually, squares. a square meal: to get three squares a day.
- a situation in which two heavenly bodies or groups of heavenly bodies have celestial longitudes differing by 90 degrees, an aspect indicative of internal tension with an equally strong and conflicting need for adjustment.
- [Obs.]a pattern, standard, or example.
- on the square:
- at right angles.
just: Their dealings with us have always been on the square.
- out of square:
- not at right angles.
- not in agreement;
irregular: The inspector's conclusions are out of square with his earlier report.
- to reduce to square, rectangular, or cubical form (often fol. by off): He squared off the log to make a timber for his house.
- to mark out in one or more squares or rectangles.
- to test with measuring devices for deviation from a right angle, straight line, or plane surface.
- to multiply (a number or quantity) by itself;
raise to the second power.
- to describe or find a square that is equivalent in area to: to square a circle.
- to bring to the form of a right angle or right angles;
set at right angles to something else.
- to even the score of (a contest): to square a game.
- to set (the shoulders and back) in an erect posture so they form an angle similar to a right angle.
- to make straight, level, or even: Square the cloth on the table.
- to regulate, as by a standard;
- to adjust harmoniously or satisfactorily (often fol. by with): How could you square such actions with your conscience?
- to balance;
settle: to square a debt.
- to secure a desired action or attitude by means of bribery;
- to accord or agree (often fol. by with): Your theory does not square with the facts.
- to settle, even, or balance a matter, as by paying a bill, returning a favor, or tying a score.
- (of a cotton plant) to form buds.
- square around, [Baseball.](of a bunter) to shift the feet and body from a conventional batting stance to a position facing the pitcher, with the bat held across and in front of the body.
- square away:
- [Naut.]to arrange the yards so as to sail before the wind.
- to prepare;
get ready: Square away for dinner.
- to assume a position of defense or offense: The wrestlers squared away for the first fall.
- to organize or complete satisfactorily;
put in order: I want to square away the work before going on vacation.
- square off:
- to assume a posture of defense or offense, as in boxing: They squared off for a fight.
- to prepare to dispute with another;
show signs of opposition or resistance: The governor and the legislature are squaring off over the landfill issue.
- square the circle, to strive without chance of success;
attempt the impossible.
- square up, to pay or settle an account, bill, etc.: We squared up with the cashier and checked out of the hotel.
- formed by or as a right angle;
having some part or parts rectangular: a square corner.
- having four sides and four right angles in two dimensions or three pairs of parallel sides meeting at right angles in three dimensions;
having each dimension in the shape of a square or rectangle and all angles right angles: a square box.
- noting any unit of area measurement having the form of a square and designated by a unit of linear measurement forming a side of the square: one square foot.
- noting a system of area measurement in terms of such units.
- (of an area) equal to a square of a specified length on a side: five miles square.
- at right angles, or perpendicular.
- at right angles to the mast and the keel, as a yard.
- having a square or rectangular section: a square bar.
- having a solid, sturdy form, esp. when characterized by a rectilinear or angular outline.
- straight, level, or even, as a surface.
- leaving no balance of debt on either side;
having all accounts settled: I'm all square with my landlord.
- just, fair, or honest.
- straightforward, direct, or unequivocal.
- conventional or conservative in style or outlook;
- so as to be square;
in square or rectangular form.
- at right angles.
- fairly or honestly.
- directly or straightforwardly.
Panelpan•el (pan′l),USA pronunciation n., v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling.
- a distinct portion, section, or division of a wall, wainscot, ceiling, door, shutter, fence, etc., esp. of any surface sunk below or raised above the general level or enclosed by a frame or border.
- a comparatively thin, flat piece of wood or the like, as a large piece of plywood.
- a group of persons gathered to conduct a public discussion, judge a contest, serve as advisers, be players on a radio or television game, or the like: a panel of political scientists meeting to discuss foreign policy.
- a public discussion by such a group.
- a list of persons summoned for service as jurors.
- the body of persons composing a jury.
- (in Scotland) the person or persons arraigned for trial.
- a mount for or a surface or section of a machine containing the controls and dials.
- a switchboard or control board, or a division of a switchboard or control board containing a set of related cords, jacks, relays, etc.
- a broad strip of material set vertically in or on a dress, skirt, etc.
- a flat piece of wood of varying kinds on which a picture is painted.
- a picture painted on such a piece of wood.
- (in Britain) a list of approved or cooperating doctors available to patients under a health insurance program.
- a lateral subdivision of an airfoil with internal girder construction.
- [Engin., Building Trades.]
- the space on the chord of a truss between any two adjacent joints made by principal web members with the chord.
- the space within the web of a truss between any two such joints and a corresponding pair of joints or a single joint on an opposite chord.
- the section between the two bands on the spine of a bound book.
- an area of a coal seam separated for mining purposes from adjacent areas by extra thick masses or ribs of coal.
- a pad placed under a saddle.
- a pad, cloth, or the like, serving as a saddle.
- a pane, as in a window.
- a slip of parchment.
- a photograph much longer in one dimension than the other.
- to arrange in or furnish with a panel or panels.
- to ornament with a panel or panels.
- to set in a frame as a panel.
- to select (a jury).
- [Scots Law.]to bring to trial.
Wallwall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Décordé•cor (dā kôr′, di-, dā′kôr),USA pronunciation n.
- style or mode of decoration, as of a room, building, or the like: modern office décor; a bedroom having a Spanish décor.
- decoration in general;
ornamentation: beads, baubles, and other décor.
- [Theat.]scenic decoration;
Howdy peoples, this picture is about Bijou Square Panel Wall Décor (superb Brown Wall Decor #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 648 x 648. This attachment's file size is just 64 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your computer, you might Click here. You might too download more images by clicking the image below or read more at this article: Brown Wall Decor.
The home typically has its figure. Similarly with all cottages or the cottage are found in the united kingdom. Don't desire to alter the building's structure is too much, Brown Wall Decor styles and standard bungalow compete.
Never asked an outcome, lovely! As a way to take care of a building's persona, Kitchen's custom Alex St Architecture introducing a home layout apart from the primary building. The effect? Beautiful! Yes, a cottage situated in Chelshire, the UK is the building involved.
The cottage was built-in the 18th century and it is now past renovation's stage. In place of wanting to replicate the style of the pad, Alex St made a decision to develop one more home layout that sustain the smoothness with this home and will decrease the entire lodge's structural change.